Introducing the Cartmel Collection – New and Exclusive
We are proud and privileged to announce at long, long last – and introduce our latest collection. Our brand-new and truly luxury line, the Cartmel Collection, has been created by the Lake District artisan leather goods company, Foxfield. Based in a quintessentially English village, nestled in the very heart of the breathtakingly beautiful National Park, Foxfield boast a rich tradition of producing exquisitely charming and unashamedly luxurious leatherware.
Wordsworth, Coleridge and their contemporaries waxed lyrical about the English Lake District and it’s easy to see what they meant. The Cartmel collection reflects and echoes the charm and splendour of this much-loved landscape.
Sense and Serendipity
It seems that some things really are just meant to be. Serendipitous even. On our travels, at a leather craft event early in 2020, a chance meeting with Robbie turned into a conversation. That conversation led to a discovery of a shared passion for beautiful leather bags and the ultimate in craftsmanship.
The more we learned about Foxfield and their craft, the more we knew we simply had to include a collection.
Artistry, Poetry and History
Lovingly and painstakingly crafted from only the very finest and supplest leather, this beautiful collection captures the dramatic colours and shades of the English Lake District, reflecting the awe-inspiring landscapes; the deep and brooding lakes and tarns; and the imposing heather-coated peaks.
Butter soft and classically understated, the unique soft texture of the leather resounds quality and true luxury in every impeccable stitch.
The Foxfield company was started by Robbie’s father, Sam. Sam originally learned his sewing craft as a young man, when he was captured and held during the war. As war ended, Sam went on to marry Sheila. Sam, looking to take care of his young wife and new family, began Foxfield.
Before too long, Foxfield became a family business producing the most beautiful leather products from only the very finest materials.
The Best Laid Plans
As we all know, life is what happens while one is busy making other plans, and so it was with 2020. Covid came and lockdown swiftly followed. The only certainty was uncertainty and so production was somewhat delayed. However, the very best things in life are worth waiting for and the Cartmel collection is no exception. We have been waiting with bated breath and are beyond excited that the time has finally come.
Without further ado, we are incredibly proud to introduce our long-awaited collection. Ladies and gentlemen, we bring you our stunning new Cartmel Collection:
- Hawkshead – as aesthetically pleasing and perfectly formed as the village itself, Hawksead is a Birkin style Bag, versatile enough for day-to-day use, fully-lined with central dividing zipped centre pocket. There’s also an internal back pocket and protective metal studs to the base.
- Keswick – a cross body bag as charming as its namesake town (though admittedly lacking the local craft brewery). Practically perfect in every way, for every day or evenings out. Lined adjustable leather strap.
- Dent – an elegant structured cross body bag, named after the diminutive parish nestled between the Lake District and the Peak District. Petite but perfect and practical, ideal for day into night. Snap shut mechanism to the front plus both back and internal zip closing pockets to keep things safe. Adjustable leather strap.
- Appleby – a relaxed yet not so slouchy hobo bag named after the riverside market town of Westmorland. Sumptuously soft day to day bag, perfect for any occasion or day out. Effortlessly casual but still smart.
- We’re also pleased to bring you a range of equally elegant purses and pouches to perfectly compliment the bags. The same premium quality materials and workmanship; the same designer feel and high-end appearance.
Every individual piece in our sumptuous Cartmel collection is designed with our discerning friends and clients in mind. The epitome of understated class and undeniable luxury, these pieces will be timeless classics; go-anywhere staples and by your side for decades to come. You are assured of luxury in every stitch, butter soft leather, discreet logos, classic rich colours, dustbags included. You are, as ever, assured of service to match.
Onwards and Upwards; Always
It’s been a tough year, for everyone, so we are justifiably proud and excited to finally be able to present our exquisite Cartmel Collection by Foxfield Leather Company. We know you’ll love it as much as we do.