Pendant Necklace By Java Designs
The much loved dolphin is considered a lucky symbol
Absolutely charming twin dolphin pendant on an 18” inch chain. This pendant neclace is miniature sized but still beautiful. Your dainty dolphins arrive in a presentation box.
This sweet little pendant might suit a younger dolphin lover due to it’s small size. It would also be lovely layered with other pendant necklaces.
please note: this pendant is tiny, perhaps ideal for a child or to combine with other pendants.
- Metal: Sterling Silver
- Design: Tiny Twin Dolphin
- Presentation box
- Chain length: 18”
- Charm size: 15mm x 10mm
About Sterling Silver
Pure or fine silver is not used for jewellery making is because it is too soft so pure silver is mixed with small amounts of other metals to make it stronger.
Sterling silver or 925 silver is the best known alloy silver. An alloy is a combination of two or more metallic elements. Sterling silver consists of mainly of silver - 92.5%. The other 7.5% is made up of other metals, often copper. In sterling silver jewellery you will see a hallmark with the number 925. This number refers to the amount of pure silver in the jewellery - 92.5%.
Caring for silver jewellery
Although silver is a precious material, it is still sensitive to environmental influences. Over time your silver jewellery may become dull or tarnished. This can be caused by contact with perfume, soap or the acidity of your skin. To care for your silver:
- Don't shower, bath or swim with the silver jewellery on
- Apply perfume, make-up and lotions first before putting on the jewellery
- It’s best to remove your jewellery at night before bed and put it away in a jewellery box or pouch
- Tarnishing is a natural property of silver but is easily remedied by an occasional polish with a silver cloth.